Fwd: procmail recipe on cpanel host

2007-07-14 23:02:12
This was accidentally sent to me instead of to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Edelstein <andrew(_at_)mail(_dot_)pure-chaos(_dot_)com>
Date: Jul 14, 2007 7:03 PM
Subject: Re: procmail recipe on cpanel host
To: Bart Schaefer <barton(_dot_)schaefer(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

Bart Schaefer wrote:
According to the log you included, the message *was* delivered to your
inbox -- or, at least, it was delivered to the file
/var/spool/mail/george -- if that is not your inbox, then procmail is
not properly configured on the host system, but "using cpanel" is not
enough information to tell us what the correct configuration should
be.

cPanel uses Exim as the MTA and Courier as the MDA. You might read up on
where Exim and Courier expect your spool file to be and adjust your
procmail config accordingly. Given the virtual-hosting nature of cPanel,
I rather doubt it's set up with spool files as simple as
/var/spool/mail/${USERNAME}, but then I never did study up on exactly
how cPanel handles email.