Re: procmail recipe on cpanel host - Part 2

2007-07-31 11:30:13
On 7/27/07, George Cordahi <george(_at_)cordahi(_dot_)net> wrote:
Bart, and friends

I'm traveling right now and have only slow/sporadic internet access
until mid-August, so please don't expect timely follow-ups to
anything.

but once again a message is generated to the sender containing the
following:

This must be coming from procmail at startup, possibly from the
/etc/procmailrc if there is one ... I would suspect that your host
administrator has "broken" something, though if procmail is not
"officially" supported you may have a hard time convincing them to fix
it.

Essentially procmail is compiled to believe that the location of your
inbox is /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME and wants to create that file even
if it won't ultimately deliver there.  Procmail would have to be
recompiled to specify the correct default location.