Re: Multiple account, fetchmail, procmail, dovecot.

2007-08-23 10:57:39
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

GVLI> On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:09:57 +0100 Anne Wilson
<cannewilson(_at_)googlemail(_dot_)com>
GVLI> wrote:
GVLI>
GVLI> > Fetchmail is running as a daemon, from my account.  It collects his
mail, but
GVLI> > delivers it to my mailboxes.
GVLI>
GVLI>
GVLI> Run fetchmail from /etc/crontab rather than as a daemon. One invocation as
GVLI> you for your mail, another invocation as him for his mail.
GVLI>

I run fetchmail as a daemon as root for a couple of legacy (strewth,
they've got me using that stupid word now) email accounts for the wife and
me.  But apparently running as root is frowned upon these days.

Details available on request.

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. )