Multiple account, fetchmail, procmail, dovecot.

2007-08-23 00:20:50
For some time I have been running a combination of fetchmail, procmail and
dovecot for my mail, accessing it from different computers on the LAN.  I now
want to handle my husband's mail, but am having some problems.  It seems that
I'm lacking understanding of some part of the process :-)

Fetchmail is running as a daemon, from my account.  It collects his mail, but
delivers it to my mailboxes.  I put a .forward and .procmailrc in his home
folder, thinking that that was the way to get the mail delivered, but it
seems to be ignored.  I tried re-defining $MAILDIR, $USER and log locations
at the end of my .procmailrc, then adding his folder filters, but that didn't
seem to work either.

What do I have to do, to tell procmail where to put his mail?

Thanks

Anne