Re: convert all mails of a catch-all mailbox to html or .txt. files in folders named by the recipient

2007-08-30 16:13:39
First of all, thank you all for the very good and fast answers. I really
appreciate it.

Sadly it won´t work for me til now. I tried Ruud H.G.´s solution, too.

I´m still trying to devide my "big" catchall mailbox into seferal mboxes
which each contain only the emails of one and the the same "To:
Recipient", and which have the same name than the "To: Recipient".

(it´s not that important if it´s done during the mail-receiving, or
after it with formail doing it with an existing mbox-file with email
already in there)

I understood the problems with the Bcc etc. but it would work out for
me- there would mostly be emails which only contain the To-field, and
only the poor adress in there.

Can someone help me out how to do this?
I tried this (an much more):

To test I copied my root-mailbox-file to /root/ and tried this:

formail -s procmail -m /root/procmailcfg < ~/root

For "procmailcfg" I tried the suggestioned lines like this:

# Please check if all the paths in PATH are reachable, remove the ones that
# are not.

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail    # You'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/Default
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/LOGFILE
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail

:0
* $ ^To:$WS*\/[^$WS].*
{ TO=$MATCH }

:0
* TO ?? ^\/[^(_at_)]+
{ TO_USER=$MATCH }

:0
$TO_USER

After running I only find the files "Default" and "LOGFILE" in my mail
directory
(MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/Default
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/LOGFILE)

Default is, and has the same size than, the original mailbox, and the
LOGFILE is full of:

procmail: Skipped "
"
procmail: Skipped "
"
procmail: Skipped "
"
procmail: Skipped "
"

Sorry I don´t get it even I got three detailed responses for my question

Thanks