Re: Everything Matching SPAM Filter, makes no sense

2007-10-15 12:19:53
At 10:25 2007-10-15 -0700, Chuck wrote:

Here is my .procmailrc

# .procmailrc
#
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/
DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
LOGFILE=$HOME/logs/procmail.log
SHELL=/bin/sh

# Put [Spam] into the SPAM folder
:0:

the trailing colon flag indicates locking - but you're delivering to a
maildir, which makes that unnecessary.

* ^Subject:.*([Spam])

square brackets enclose a character class.  So, you're saying any subject
which includes any one letter from S P A or M, will be filed (note that by
default, conditions are case INsensitive).

Perhaps you should escape the brackets?

No need to put them in parenthesis either, since you're doing nothing that
could need them.

# Catch all emails not matched by above rules
:0
* > 0
./

What's with the more than zero length condition?