Append header in undelivered messages

2007-10-18 08:14:24
Hi,

I'm using procmail with Postfix to deliver mail to a third party mailserver.
I've set the following recipe to avoid duplicate mail delivery when sending to
distribution lists:

:0 Wh: $PMCACHE/$RECIPIENT.msgid.lock
* ! ^X-Deferred.*
| formail -D 4096 $PMCACHE/$RECIPIENT.idcache

That works fine most of the time, but not when the mailserver is down. Messages
can't be delivered, so procmail exits with code 75 and messages are deferred.
However, next time procmail tries to deliver, it finds the Message-ID in the
cache and mark the message as delivered.

Thus, I would like to append some kind of "X-Deferred" header to avoid the
duplicate check recipe. How can I make procmail requeue the message to Postfix
with an additional header? Is it possible?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

--
Xesc