Re: [pro] Emails not retrieved automatically

2007-10-18 09:56:17
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Tolga wrote:
Ever since I set up my rules, I have to manually download my e-mails.
Is this supposed to happen or is there a way to automatically download
e-mails?

In the absence of proper information, I would take one wild guess and ask
if you set the EXITCODE anywhere in your procmailrc? I've noticed that
postfix tends to take a failure code from procmail and treat it as a
program failure rather than as a 'rejected delivery'. And so it 'falls
back' to its own internal delivery routines. I see this manifest
differently on my machine, when procmail detects an over-quota condition
on the user's $HOME/.mail mbox, postfix then tries to create
/var/spool/mail/user and fails, producing a very confusing error message
returned to the sender.

- Charles