Re: Maillist problem

2008-05-07 10:00:50
At 14:23 2008-05-07 +0200, Martin Hochreiter wrote:

I am using procmail in a group mailbox for
delivering mails to the users.

Mantra: Procmail is not an MTA.  It is an LDA.

Why not configure the MTA to deliver to the individual users?

----------------- from .procmailrc -----------
:0 c
* ^(To|Cc|Bcc):(_dot_)*test(_at_)xxx(_dot_)xx
! `cat /home/verteiler/gruppen/test.txt`
:0 c
* ^(To|Cc|Bcc):(_dot_)*erstehilfe(_at_)xxx(_dot_)xx
! `cat /home/verteiler/gruppen/erstehilfe.txt`
:0 c
* ^(To|Cc|Bcc):(_dot_)*rufhilfe144(_at_)xxx(_dot_)xx
! `cat /home/verteiler/gruppen/l_rufhilfe144.txt`

The Bcc header will almost NEVER appear on a message.  What MTA are you
using?  I'd check to see if there's a specific header you can rely on for
indicating who a message has actually been delivered to.  A not uncommon
additional header to configure an MTA to insert is X-Envelope-To:

If you're writing to files, you should add the locking flag on the flags
line on each of those.

You should check out the ^TO_ macro (see 'man procmailrc')

! is a FORWARD operator.  This should invoke the $SENDMAIL
process.  Instead, you should be using something more like (note the dot in
the domain portion is escaped):

:0 c:
* ^TO_rufhilfe144(_at_)xxx\(_dot_)xx

(as a reformat of what you're presently using, though this doesn't address
your misuse of Procmail as an MTA).

The problem is that if you
use "erstehilfe(_at_)xxx(_dot_)xx, rufhilfe144(_at_)xxx(_dot_)xx" in the To
of a mail every recipient gets the mail twice (because the script
is called twice for rufhilfe144 and erstehilfe)

More correctly, it gets called once for each of the specified local recipients.

  Procmail disclaimer: <>

procmail mailing list   Procmail homepage: