Re: Maillist problem

2008-05-07 12:06:29
On Wed, 7 May 2008, Martin Hochreiter wrote:
I am generating the mailgroups of our Red Cross Organisation out
of a mysql database once a night, and than let procmail read the
.txt files for delivering the group mails.

Really, most people who subscribe to numerous related lists are
conditioned to expect and live with duplicates. I agree postfix is
the proper place to handle distribution lists. Check out the ":include:"
operator in "man aliases".

If duplicates are still an issue, consider the idea of trapping the
duplicates during the list generation process. The script generating
list #2 could say "if $list#2.key not in database#1"....

- Charles