Help with broken procmail[rc]

2008-06-15 04:53:56
My procmail[rc] broke. I have it running on a hosting provider that uses freebsd, if that makes any difference.

procmail -v reveals v3.22 2001/09/10

The heart of my script:

SHELL=/bin/sh
LOGFILE     = /path/to/mail.log
VERBOSE     = "yes"

:0:
* ^Subject:.*bad thing to catch 1*
$HOME/SPAM

:0:
* ^Subject:.*bad thing to catch 2*
$HOME/SPAM

:0 B:
" bad thing to catch 3"
$HOME/SPAM

Legit stuff was going to my mailbox.

Then, during one of the conditionals, the mail.log's Folder: revealed mail suddenly going to a file in my home directory named after my email address.

I cannot seem to reset the Folder: variable. I looked around for any possible lock files that may not have been cleared, and removed what I could.

I have NO root access on the host. Procmail now simply delivers everything to that last Folder variable.

Reviewing the log file, the change occured when I received a German-written spam. Neither the header nor body show any unprintable characters.

I tried using that German email again (just by chance) before writing this to run some spam tests. This time, Folder: assigned itself to the test conditional I provided (different from the first). Additionally, now the log files records fewer entries. Instead of having a complete "procmail: No match on" list, it only shows a couple of those. Something in that German email did something.

How do I undo it and make procmail happy again?

Thanks.

Scott