Re: procmail X-Recipient:

2008-07-28 12:02:05
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 02:58:33PM -0300, josias gonçalves wrote:

Hi, is my first time here in the forum and my question is about X-Recipient
header.

Welcome.  Before we proceed, I would like to requst that you send
only text messages to the list, not alternative-text MIME messages.

Can in some way, change the To header to the same value of
X-Recipient header before other rules be read in the procmailrc ?

i try to see the history of list to see some awsers, but here
have some message saying "page not found" trought apache /
debian.

There are various ways to do this.  First, as to the list archives,
try the archive with search engine found down somewhere in the middle
of this page, which is the page listed at the bottom of every message
to the list:

Okay, as to your question, I will preface this by saying that I don't
have an X-Recipient header in my mail.  I suppose your server is
attaching it?  I have an X-Original-To header, and I presume it is
roughly the same thing.  But anway -- if you don't mind that the
X-Recipient header "vanishes" at the end of this simple operation
leaving only the From: header to replace it, you could do this
near the top of the .procmailrc:

  :0 fw h
  | formail -iFrom: -RX-Recipient From

This has a nice extra in that the existing From: is now named
"Old-From" and there for you to see it if you want.

If you want to leave the X-Recipient header there as well, though, we
could use another approach:

  :0 fw h
  * ^X-Recipient:\/.*
  | formail -iFrom: -A"From: $MATCH"

Okay, "Old-From" is also there with that one, too.  Take your pick.

Dallman