Re: Receiving System Mail

2009-02-04 11:54:15
* Rem P Roberti <remegius(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net> [02-04-09 11:46]:

Yes, I am using msmtp.  It provides a simple solution for me to receive
smtp mail without having to install and configure Postfix, or mess with
sendmail.  There are obvious limitations to this, but I'm a FreeBSD
newbie, and a little daunted by some of the configuration prospects that
I read about in other posts.  At this point I am still reading system
mail via the command line.  I thought it might be helpful to post the
complete header from system mail.  Here it is:

From root(_at_)bsd(_dot_)remdog(_dot_)net Wed Feb  4 03:02:16 2009
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 03:02:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Charlie Root <root(_at_)bsd(_dot_)remdog(_dot_)net>
To: root(_at_)bsd(_dot_)remdog(_dot_)net
Subject: bsd.remdog.net security run output

And here again, most likely from unfamiliarity, you have posted only a
portion of the "header".  Probably that portion that you see readily
in whatever you are using to display the "system mail".

Open that mail in an editor or less and provide everything above the
first blank line in the "system mail" file.

note: I know little of bsd of any formulae and nothing about msmtp,
other than it is an smtp provider to use instead of the more normal
sendmail/procmail.