recipe problem

2009-02-04 12:06:51
I have been trying to setup a procmail recipe that would take a subset of
emails that invariably carry spam, pass them thru spamassassin-learn (via spamc
-L --spam) and then shuttle them on to /dev/null (I know, in this situation I
could skip the spamc part and go right to /dev/null but I wish to teach my
spamassassin well).

Right now I have two components, the first fails to work and the second works
as expected.  The spamc -L --spam recipe fails:

The recipe:
:0fw
*
^From.*(@aim.com|@otenet.*|@runnck04.com|@thehitnow.net|@clickathand.com|@websees.com|@seekingalpha.com|@xed4.com|@vnk4.com|@qm4a.com)
| /usr/bin/spamc -L --spam

The failure message in my .procmail.log:

procmail: Match on
"^From.*(@aim.com|@otenet.*|@runnck04.com|@thehitnow.net|@clickathand.com|@websees.com|@seekingalpha.com|@xed4.com|@vnk4.com|@qm4a.com)"

procmail: Executing "/usr/bin/spamc,-L,--spam"
Error in argument 1, char 2: argument required for option L
procmail: Error while writing to "/usr/bin/spamc"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded

Why doesn't this work?  Originally it was "| spamc -L spam" but that failed
with essentially the same message.  It LOOKS like procmail is erroneously
breaking up the spamc line into individual components rather than using the
entire string properly.

How do I make this work?
--
"An imbalance between rich and poor is the oldest and most fatal ailment of all
republics."