Re: Syslog

2009-02-13 11:15:28
On Feb 13, 2009, at 5:22, Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com> wrote:
Adrian Overbury wrote Friday, February 13, 2009 3:39:

Has there ever been an effort to improve Procmail's logging, say by

Not that I'm aware of.

Procmail is kind of dead ad far as development goes.

sending it into syslog?  It would allow Procmail to have longer log
lines, and make sorting out the log lines for an individual message
easier.  I've Googled for this a few different ways, but have yet to
turn up anything.  Am I just missing something?

1:15pm [~/Mail] 603[0]> procmail -m LOGFILE=tmplog 'LOG=This is one really long line

Yes, but syslog is a much better logging tool than simply writing out to LOG yourself.

LOGFILE=/etc/syslog

I don't think it's really quite that simple.