procmail

Re: Syslog

2009-02-16 05:27:50

Adrian Overbury wrote:

Has there ever been an effort to improve Procmail's logging, say by
sending it into syslog?  It would allow Procmail to have longer log
lines, and make sorting out the log lines for an individual message
easier.  I've Googled for this a few different ways, but have yet to
turn up anything.  Am I just missing something?

    What I do, is:

TRAP='logger -i -t procmail -p mail.info "$MID:
lastfolder=$MAILDIR/$LASTFOLDER"'

    note the  quotas are  single!    If you want to send more info:

LOGFILE=log.$$
TRAP='logger -i -t procmail -p mail.info -f $LOGFILE;  /bin/rm $LOGFILE'

    (I didn't check this option)

    I think it's too match info for syslog.

Bye,
  Udi