Subscribed?

2009-02-19 09:55:02
This may be off topic, but how do some IMAP clients keep track of the subscribed mailboxes? I recently installed a new IMAP client (Postbox) and it pulled all the mail from mailboxes from last August, when I setup some subscribed mailboxes in Thunderbird.

My reason for asking is that if this information is stored on the server, I want to use procmail to update it when new mailboxes are created.

the file ~/.mailboxes contains ALL the mailboxes on the account, but that may be simply that my usual client, Mail.app, offers no subscription options.

--
In England 100 miles is a long distance. In the US 100 years is a
        long time