Can *^From.*(foo(_at_)bar) be confused?

2009-02-28 02:19:44
Hi,

I've been using procmail for a couple of years and it has been brilliant. However, just recently it has been behaving oddly.

Essentially, I have added a simple filter of the form:

:0
*^From.*(foo(_at_)bar)
$DEFAULT.bar.foo/

I was expecting it match any email with "foo(_at_)bar" in the From: line. Normally, this works fine and I have dozens of perfectly good examples. However, in this case foo(_at_)bar is my local email address and I am finding that if I receive emails with the first line that reads

these are being matched by the filter even when the From: line does not contain
"foo(_at_)bar".

What am I going wrong, is this a design feature or a bug?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Antony McLellan
Yorkshire
UK

I have  confused by a Return-Path: <amclellan1(_at_)gofast(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>

:0
*
^From.*(antony(_dot_)mclellan(_at_)leedsth(_dot_)nhs(_dot_)uk|amclellan1(_at_)gofast(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk)
$DEFAULT.Family&-Friends&-Clubs.Antony/