Re: Piping a message to a script, but it doesn't run

2009-03-26 16:33:21
Sorry about using that other domain name.  I meant example.com

It's okay if my recipe eats my message. I just need to get it to my script and that's it.

Yes, the script is on the same server as procmail. It's in the same userspace, even.

        /username/.procmail
        /username/example.com/l/admin/bounce.pl

I didn't know about $MATCH. I'm content to use that if it solves my problem, but I can't my recipe to match the address, as I'll explain.

I figured out how to get Sendmail to set the Return-Path: header, so I'm injecting the subscriber's email address into it when I send out a mailing list message like so:

        bounces+user-at-example(_dot_)com(_at_)example(_dot_)com

I'm trying to extract the relevant bit (user-at-example.com) from the bounce message with this pattern:

        * ^To:.*bounces\+\/.+!(@example.com)

But my .procmail logfile says "No match" on that pattern.

What's wrong with my recipe?

Thank you very much for your help,  -MBJ-