Re: [pro] Re: How to produce a temporary error for the MTA?

2009-05-29 13:28:51
On Fri, 29 May 2009, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
#  Standard EXIT codes (but check the docs specific to your chosen MTA):
#  EX_CANTCREAT    73

Speaking of which, I am always dealing with support e-mails/calls from
people who get those bounced that say "Can't Create output file" when the
actual error is a full mailbox (disk quota exceeded). I can easily test for the full mailbox, but I'm always stuck on the fact that none of the exit codes say "mailbox full" or something similar to properly signal the MTA to construct a meanigful bounce message.

- Charles