Re: Procmail filter does not send the spam email to correct folder

2009-09-29 12:39:14
At 09:34 2009-09-29 -0500, Groups Account wrote:
In the procmail rc I have:

We'll have to presume this is for the generic email address you're mailing to this list from. The fact that you're choosing to deliver to a mailbox filename which may or may not be your system mailbox or something in your user home directory only helps to further confuse the matter.

when the filter matches the procmail errors with:
procmail: Match on "^X-Spam-Level: \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*"
procmail: Locking "junk.lock"
procmail: [11464] Sun Sep 27 15:02:48 2009
procmail: Error while writing to "_IzC,oT8vKB.lexoncom.com"
procmail: Lock failure on "junk.lock"

Lock failure is most telling. This generally implies a permissions failure. I'm prone to believe that you're trying to write to a directory other than within your home dir. The filenameing in the "Error while writing to" further implies that you're using maildir format - where you're not just writing to the one file in the mailspool that you own, but you're trying to create others (which, the lockfile is as well, though ideally, you'd have other lockfile strategies available).

It would be helpful to know what the MAILDIR variable is set to at this point.

below is ls of mail directory:
-rw-rw---- 1 junk         mail     8267 Sep 27 15:11 junk

~/mail/ or /var/spool/mail/ ?  Looks like /var/spool/mail

If indeed it is /var/spool/mail/ then why do you expect you'd be able to create other files there?

and ls of /var/spool

*[root(_at_)lexoncom spool]# ls -l
total 364
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root   root       23 Sep 26 10:49 mail ->
/shared1/var/spool/mail

Okay, so above mail ref IS of /var/spool/mail/junk this link may be confusing things. What are the perms on /shared1/var/spool/mail ?