Re: Broken mass mailings - Delivered-To: issue

2010-01-08 10:22:12
At 10:39 2010-01-08 -0500, Richard B. Emerson wrote:

# Send bulk mail with DeliveredTo to the intended recipient

I've got to ask - WHY do you need to do this? Is this in an /etc/procmailrc, or is it in ~/.procmailrc ? If the message was delivered TO that user, why do you need to foward it to the SAME ADDRESS? Sounds as if you're trying to use Procmail as an MTA, and you'll always have issues with that.

:0:
  | formail -A "X-Loop: Delivered-To Forward Control" | \
    $SENDMAIL -oi chris(_at_)pinefields(_dot_)com

You're delivering to a pipeline not a file - no need to use a lockfile flag here.

The message delivered to system(_at_)pinefields(_dot_)com (the postmaster
username)
is a "forwarding loop" warning.

I'd take it that your MTA is detecting that it already received the message. Perhaps the problem started with an upgrade to your MTA?