Re: Removing an address from To & Cc headers.

2010-01-14 06:36:00
On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 03:24 -0800, Professional Software Engineering
wrote:
At 12:32 2010-01-14 +0200, Tony K Lindstrom wrote:

Yes, but I didn't find a way to remove the mail address cleanly in all
it forms.

But, this is for an INTERNAL CRM - that is, some employee or other is
seeing this, not a customer, so what's the issue with not fully zapping
every instance of the original To: ?

        Well, you asked, (even if this is not exactly procmail related any
more). The problem is, that there are several external addresses, that
should be relayed to CRM, but to work the To-address should be the right
one. That was issue one. And I solved that one as you suggests. But that
was not enough. If the email originally was sent to other recipients the
case owner wanted to know that also, so that's why I set all original
receivers in the Cc-header, issue two, that I solved. But even that is
not enough. Now they want the original crm-address cut away, because it
does something curious when they "reply" through the case.

        I know I am too nice, but as we say in finnish, if you give them a
finger they  want your whole hand...

Ok. This is more a sed expert discussion, but I thought, that somebody on
this lists would have had a similar need and a working solution.

A need to break mail to conform to a broken M$ product?  Not here.

        Well, actually that is why I ask here, to not break it (at least
completely). With my sed skill I probably end really breaking it.

Tell your boss to get a CRM that isn't braindead.

        Constantly, to no avail. :-(

*** tonyk(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi ***
* Tony K Lindström *