Re: Procmail on Linux / LMTP

2010-05-26 14:57:53
* Evan Platt <evan(_at_)espphotography(_dot_)com> [05-26-10 13:22]:
Not sure if this is more a procmail or postfix issue, so seeing if
anyone here can help...

I run a mail server for my own domain, just me basically. I was
running on a Mac Mini, but the thing kept overheating, so I've
switched to a FC12 desktop. I installed postfix, cyrus, procmail, etc
from yum. Copied / modified my main / master.cf . Everything seemed to
be OK, but I'm guessing something was modified somewhere along the
line, not obviously by me. Difference I initially see, is added in the
main.cf is:
mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
The mac had no mailbox_transport. Now it seems no matter what I do, I
can't get procmail to work with postfix.

In my /home/<username>/procmailrc, I have
MAILDIR=/var/spool/imap/e/user/eplatt/ , but procmail isn't running or
called - at least nothing's being put in /var/log/procmail.log
(verbose is on). If I rem out the mailbox_transport line in my
main.cf, procmail is run, but near as I can tell, the mail doesn't
make it to my inbox - when I comment it out, I see procmail logging,
but the mail doesn't show in the mail dir.

Basically, in short, I'd like to enable procmail, but not seeing how
to do this with the lmtp configuration.

Any guidance appreciated. I've attached my old and my current postconf

No expert, but I have (on openSUSE 11.2):

main.cf
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail

master.cf
procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=R user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/procmail -t -m /etc/procmailrc
  ${sender} ${recipient}