Re: Procmail on Linux / LMTP

2010-05-26 17:19:48
On 26-May-2010, at 15:04, Charles Gregory wrote:

On Wed, 26 May 2010, Evan Platt wrote:
procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe \
    flags=R user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/procmail -t -m /etc/procmailrc \
    ${sender} ${recipient}
Still no go :(
I added it with the seperator, and with it all on one line. :( This really
has me boggled.. Thanks for any suggestions..

Uh, my master.cf does not have any line like this.

Depends very much on your setup.

All I need to get procmail working is the mailbox_command line in main.cf:

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail

This works if all your accounts are local (though it doesn’t honor address
extensions). If not, there is rather more to it.

I Have:

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
mailbox_command = /usr/local/bin/procmail -t -a $EXTENSION
virtual_transport = procmail

/etc/postfix/master.cf:

procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe \
 -o flags=uhFORD user=vpopmail argv=/usr/local/bin/procmail \
 -t -m USER=${recipient} EXTENSION=${extension} /usr/local/etc/procmailrc.common

mailbox_command deals with the local users (a handful, all heavy procmail
users) and the virtual_transport deals with the sql-based virtual users (many,
none of whom are heavy procmail users).

The virtual users can write their own procmail files as there is a recipe in
the common rc that will check for them:

:0
* ? test -f $HOME/.procmail/$USER.procmailrc
{ SWITCHRC="$HOME/.procmail/$USER.procmailrc" }

Though I don't have a mechanism for them to access the files themselves, they
have to send them to me and I put them in place for them. Inefficient, but not
enough traffic that it's been worth coming up with an automated hands-off
solution.

--
Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see