Re: Auto-forwarding recipe problem

2010-09-01 23:14:19
Greg Trounson wrote:
Hi Rich,

I'm not sure what you mean. The only criteria change was at the recommendation of someone on this list trying to help with my problem.

No matter. Perhaps I was reading more into what you wanted to do than was necessary.

There is nothing wrong with the regexp part of

* ^FROM(_dot_)*[\(_dot_)(_at_)]my\(_dot_)domain\(_dot_)com

except that if the message happens to have a header like

From tinkerbell.my.domain.com Wed 18-Sep-2010 ...

along with

From: nobody(_at_)someplaceelse(_dot_)com

you are going to get a match you don't want. This is what the verbose log would
tell you because you'll get to see what is matching.

I'd write the test as

* ^From: .*(\.|@)my\.domain\.com

(just a stylistic change from [..] to (..|..) but including the : after the
From to be definitive about which header line you want matched)

The rest of the discussion can be left until you have an answer as to what is
matching on your From test.

Also, remember that procmail's regexp engine is old and the current crop of
(e)greps have functionality that procmail does not.

Rich