Re: Auto-forwarding recipe problem

2010-09-06 09:59:45
At 22:31 2010-09-05, Greg Trounson wrote:
So procmail is seeing the line:

From
bounce-debian-user=user1=division(_dot_)my(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com(_at_)lists(_dot_)debian(_dot_)org

, which doesn't actually appear anywhere in the message file itself,

Why do you say that? This is the message _envelope_, and it's precisely what Rich advised you would trip up the regexp you were using (which lacked a colon which would differentiate the "From " from "From: ", the change for which of course had previously already been pointed out to you by Michelle, in the first followup to your inquiry -- which you said you had implemented.

and is enough to match "^FROM(_dot_)*[\(_dot_)(_at_)]my\(_dot_)domain\(_dot_)com". The fact this didn't show up in the message header

It is most definatley part of the message as passed to procmail. How are you saving the messages? Are you perhaps referring to the FORWARDED messages only (which by all rights should have a From_ set to the intermediate address, not the original one)? Perhaps you're viewing the messages in a MUA which omits this information?