Re: MIME headers in Procmail

2011-07-08 15:34:23
By the way, the most recent version of procmail I can find is 3.22,
released in 2001.  Has it really been unchanged for a decade?

Nice to know that someone can write code robust enough not to fall
over every time someone ports it to a new system.  I looked at the
patches used on FreeBSD, which only change the locations of some
of the config files, no changes to the actual code.

You might want to look into 'spamassassin'

I'm rather familiar with spamassassin, I've written a plugin for my
SMTP daemon (mailfront) to call it sometimes, in other cases calling
it from procmail at delivery time.

But it's not an MDA, it's a filter that tags mail, and it would be
gross beyond words to ask it to rewrite mail headers.

Looks like I have a project for my Copious Free Time.

R's,
John