Re: MIME headers in Procmail

2011-07-09 18:58:43
Then wouldn't the foillowing do the job?  (Sorry, not sure how my mailer
will wrap this, so I have to break the line in a way to get sane results.)

:0
SUBJ=| formail -xsubject |perl -Mencode -ne \
 'print encode("UTF8",decode("MIME-Header",$_))'

and then do matches like

* SUBJ ?? pattern

as you said?

You're right, that works. (Nobody ever said the procmail documentation
was any good.)  But it still fires up a shell, formail, and a copy of
perl, rather a lot of work, and you'd have to do it separately for
each header line you'd want to match.

R's,
John