Re: Procmailrc start

2011-08-26 09:15:10
* Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) <hylton(_at_)conacher(_dot_)co(_dot_)za> [08-26-11
09:22]:
Yes I am a newbie to procmail, so I ask that you point me to some
information so I can start using and understanding this program.

mailing list is:     procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)de
home page is:        http://www.procmail.org/
excellent pointers:  http://www.professional.org/procmail/disclaimer.html

Unfortunately this is a production system and there is no backup. That
is being remedied but in the meantime the procmail filters still need
setting up.

as long as you do not recipe mail to /dev/null, you should be able to
recover *any* msg on your system that procmail has directed.

I have obtained and had an introductory read of the book called Procmail
Companion (McCarthy)

This should be excellent, she is an expert.

, the procmail homepage, and done significant Google searching as well
as fairly extensive man page work, all without being able to find an
explanation of what the 'default' lines of code would be for a
procmailrc file.  Is there a list of the lines of code that could go in
the start of the file, if so where?

http://www.professional.org/procmail/disclaimer.html

If not, what are the bare minimum lines? A full listing of them would be
better as then I can add just the ones needed.

http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/

I would assume the following lines of code before the recipes:

Maildir
log
verbose
path

What else before the recipes start?

you should be able to to decide from the links above.
--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member