Procmailrc start

2011-08-26 08:50:36
Hi,

Yes I am a newbie to procmail, so I ask that you point me to some
information so I can start using and understanding this program.

Be kind, I am a KDE user with limited cli usage.

I would like to start using Procmail for email filtering as I currently
have almost 600 filters listed in Mozilla Thunderbird moving email to an
equally large number of folders. The Mozilla filters are failing on
occasions and this is only due to the large number. Doing the recipes in
procmail is going to be LOTS of fun :|

Unfortunately this is a production system and there is no backup. That
is being remedied but in the meantime the procmail filters still need
setting up.

I have obtained and had an introductory read of the book called Procmail
Companion (McCarthy), the procmail homepage, and done significant Google
searching as well as fairly extensive man page work, all without being
able to find an explanation of what the 'default' lines of code would be
for a procmailrc file. Is there a list of the lines of code that could
go in the start of the file, if so where?

If not, what are the bare minimum lines? A full listing of them would be
better as then I can add just the ones needed.

I would assume the following lines of code before the recipes:

Maildir
log
verbose
path