Re: Procmailrc start

2011-08-28 06:17:33
On 2011-08-27 23:21, LuKreme wrote:
Ruud:

I hate to do shell calls,
so I get the date from the '^From ' line of the message.

Yeah, I prefer [...] getting the exact format I want.

So do I, and (at least for me) that is easy to do in procmail.

My assumption about your shell calls was wrong,
see procmailrc on SHELLMETAS:
your date calls are both direct calls. :)

(but still too heavy for my taste)

My current mail server hardware is about 100,000 times more powerful than the
first system I ran procmail on, I don't worry much about simple shell calls.

Until the volume (and grain of post-processing) makes you have to worry again.

--
Ruud