From root to users

2014-05-30 06:16:56
Hello all,

For reasons I won't bore you with I am forced to collect mail for all
three members of may family from an unsorted source.

I therefore run procmail as root on this Fedora 20 server and, in
the /etc/procmailrc file I sort the mail into messages for my wife, my
son and for me. (While it's in there I also do some spam / virus
checking).

It then gets delivered (using the dovecot-lda) to each of our mailboxes
such as:

:0 w
* ^TO_some_checks_to_identify_my_wife
| /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d wife

:0 w
* ^TO_some_checks_to_identify_my_son
| /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d son

# Anything else falls through to me:
| /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d mark

I do not currently have $DEFAULT set to anything.

All this is fine for my wife and son - stuff just goes into their
mailbox and they can read or file it as they wish.

I, on the other hand, want to do a lot of filtering first using the
power of Procmail. The trouble is I have to do this in /etc/procmailrc
before that final delivery command (which works fine by the way), but I
think it would be neater for /etc/procmailrc to hand-off to my
~/.procmailrc and do the filtering there.

Is there a way to inform procmail explicitly to pass on from root to
user=mark?

I am using Maildir format (rather than mbox) so /var/spool/mail/mark
does not get used.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received...

Mark