Re: From root to users

2014-05-30 11:53:10
Hi Alan,

On Fri, 2014-05-30 at 16:59 +0100, Alan Clifford wrote:
Arthur Dent wrote (at 12:13 (+0100) on Friday, 30th May, 2014):

Is there a way to inform procmail explicitly to pass on from root to
user=mark?

I am thinking something like this:

Delete this

# Anything else falls through to me:
| /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d mark

add this to /etc/aliases

# Person who should get root's mail
root:           alan

Actually, I already have that set so that I get the system mail!
I'm just about to delete (comment out) that drop-through line
in /etc/procmailrc and test it now!

assuming you are using sendmail.  Hmmm, thinks, you said "collect" mail,
so I'm not sure what you are using to launch procmail

No I'm not using sendmail - this is a Fedora 20 box. Fedora no longer
ships with a MDA. I had a battle-royal to get exim to work!

I have a fetchmail->procmail->dovecot setup and now use msmtp (and exim
was necessary to get system mail working again).

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know I get on...

Mark