Re: From root to users

2014-05-31 17:29:26

On 31 May 2014, at 03:15 , Arthur Dent
<misc(_dot_)lists(_at_)blueyonder(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

I have also tried:
| /bin/procmail -d mark
| /usr/bin/procmail -d mark
| /bin/formail -s procmail -d mark
| /bin/formail -s /usr/bin/procmail -d mark
| /bin/formail -s  | /usr/bin/procmail -d mark
| /usr/bin/formail -s /usr/bin/procmail -d mark
| /bin/formail -s /usr/bin/procmail -d mark
| /bin/formail -s /bin/procmail -d mark

All with the same result.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks for the help so far...

Hmm. I have no idea. What is logged other than the COMSAT delivery?

Do you see anything in /var/log/mail.log or /var/log/all or var/log/messages
that is related?

grep procmail /var/log/*

when it's throttling?

I doubt this is a procmail issue, something on your system is preventing
procmail from working.

I wonder if there's a DROPPRIV issue though.

DROPPRIVS only has a single flag, 'yes', so I'm not sure how you can tell it
what user to use in your specific case since all the mail is technically owned
by root, and as I understand it a DROPPRIVS=yes only drops the privs to the
actual owner of the mail.

--
'Where's the gritsucker? And the rock?' 'Ah,' said Vimes, 'you are
referring to those representative members of our fellow sapient races