Re: From root to users

2014-05-30 11:39:48

On 30 May 2014, at 09:59 , Alan Clifford <lists(_at_)clifford(_dot_)ac> wrote:

Arthur Dent wrote (at 12:13 (+0100) on Friday, 30th May, 2014):

Is there a way to inform procmail explicitly to pass on from root to
user=mark?

I am thinking something like this:

Delete this

# Anything else falls through to me:
| /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d mark

add this to /etc/aliases

# Person who should get root's mail
root:           alan

assuming you are using sendmail.  Hmmm, thinks, you said "collect" mail, so
I'm not sure what you are using to launch procmail

That won't work, it will alias ALL the root mail to alan before handing it off
to the /etc/procmailrc

I think what you have to do is call procmail from the /etc/procmailrc and then
call the dovecot LDA from the .procmailrc.

so, in procmailrc:

#deliver anything else to mark
:0
| /usr/local/bin/procmail -d mark

(I don't know if you need any flags on that recipe or not, test first. Test *a
lot* first.)

Then, in your .procmailrc, at the end you do

:0
| /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -m $MYBOX

(do not put a f (or w?) flag on this, dovecot-lda is a delivery pipe.

--
What we have here is a failure to communicate.