Re: Why is procmail not filtering my incoming mail

2017-01-06 17:38:25
* Harry Putnam <reader(_at_)newsguy(_dot_)com> [01-01-70 12:34]:
I've never had any trouble getting procmail setup and working .. in
many years of using it and thru many different versions of linux,
including gentoo.

Now on a newish gentoo host I've been setting up that host to retrieve
mail. Its running sendmail procmail and fetchmail.

When I retrieve mail with fetchmail ... procmail never process it.

I have .procmailrc of many years standing including many changes of
course.  But nothing is happening with procmail at all.

No lines appear in .procmail.log and all mail lands at
/var/spool/mail/$myUSER

I've had so little trouble with procmail that I cannot even think how
to figure out what is happening.

head of .procmailrc below:

  #shell-script-*--
  PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin
  SHELL=/bin/sh
  DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME
  MAILDIR=$HOME/spool/in
  LOGABSTRACT=ALL
  LOGFILE=/home/reader/t/var/log/procmail.log
  LOG="$(echo
  START
  Processing <$FILENO>)
  "
  VERBOSE=YES

  PSCRIPTS="/projects/perl"
  SCRIPTS="/home/reader/scripts/"

  [...]

Even if I have screwed up rule... I should at least see something in
procmail.log right?

show "mda" for fetchmailrc

re sendmail, is it really sendmail or are you running postfix

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2      Registered Linux User #207535

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo            @ http://linuxcounter.net