Re: Why is procmail not filtering my incoming mail

2017-01-11 03:11:03
"Julian H. Stacey" <jhs(_at_)berklix(_dot_)com> writes:

[...]

check ownership of $HOME & $HOME/.procmalrc etc eg ~/mail directories.
(mine got changed recently when a script (not procmail associated) ran
berserk,
& changed ownerships broke procmail)

Pleae see my response to Shanew earlier up this thread to see why my
query has become a moot point for the time being.

I did check the things you list above... but also would have expected
some kind of error to clue me up.

It may well have been buried in the lengthy and tangled log output
from sendmail.

I've scrapped fetchmail (after many years of good use) amd switched to
`getmail', removed the procmail entries from sendmail.mc, re m4-ed
everthing, and now getmail is calling procmail with no problems.

Send and receive sendmail with no visible problems (so far).

Thanks for your time and effort.