Re: Your examples have problems with BIND

2003-10-06 16:08:00
On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 15:54, Jason wrote:
Problem is, when I added the records into my zone file, I did so using "copy"
and "paste" from the website....

I found that the examples you provide have extra white space at the beginning
of them.  I imagine to make it easier to read them.  I
recommend you don't do that.  My version of bind doesn't accept the zone file
that way.

It resulted in the bind error
unknown RR type

Once I removed the leading white space on each line everything was fine.

Rather than using an HTML pre tag with those, a blockquote and a tt
might be better, then most clients should select just the text, and not
the spacing used for indenting, to the clipboard and cut & paste would
work better.

--
Andy Bakun: it's not the size that counts
        <abakun(_at_)thwartedefforts(_dot_)org>