Re: greylisting

2003-10-09 10:54:05
Hi !!

| we tried greylisting for some time, the problem is that there are lots
| of legal mta's out of there that alkso don't retry.

"Legitimate", yes.  "Legal", not acccording to RFC2821 :)

of course I don't mean rfc compliant

Yes, they need to be whitelisted by hand, which is a pain.

true, any mehtod that requieres whitelisting is not good

If you're interested in sender address verification, I believe Exim and
Postfix support it.

yes, we are using callouts with exim since they are available, this works
very well, but do not prevent forgery ... we will need to wait until spf
or other proposal becomes a rfc standard ...

--
Best regards ...

Discoveries are made by not following instructions.

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david(_at_)ols(_dot_)es
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53