Re: Solving throwaway domains using RHSBLs not whois

2003-10-09 11:51:59
On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 12:25:03PM -0400, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

To date, RHSBLs return either a DECLINE or NEGATIVE opinion.  In the
future I predict we will see RHSBLs published by major ISPs that return
KNOWN, UNKNOWN, NEGATIVE, and DECLINE, constituting a weak reputation
scheme.  Even finer grain is possible with "started sending mail N days
ago".

Including the information on which person/company registered the
domain would be even more useful.  If the big registrars would feed
that information into a DNS-based database then that would be useful
too.  If only some of the Registrars did so that would also tell
us something (esp. about the ones that don't).

I guess we have to have something like SPF working first before
it becomes attractive/useful/necessary.

--
Erik Corry erik(_at_)arbat(_dot_)com