Re: Solving throwaway domains using RHSBLs not whois

2003-10-09 16:06:21
So why not incorporate an indirect Zone transferred blacklists of domains that
are not allowed and therefore would not be damagable to DDoS.

Rudy K.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arlie Davis" <arlie(_at_)sublinear(_dot_)org>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 6:20 PM
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] Solving throwaway domains using RHSBLs not whois

Centralized black-lists, such as what you propose/mention, are
vulnerable to DDoS attacks from the spammers.  We've already seen
SEVERAL domains that maintained spam blacklists wiped out by DDoS
attacks.  If we move to a centralized black-list server, it will be
continuously attacked by the spammers.

Although I have a lot of doubts about SPF, its distributed nature is
definitely a strength.

-- arlie