RE: Throwaway domains

2003-10-09 08:57:09
On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 11:22:43AM -0400, Mark Jeftovic wrote:
   Example: If Hotmail, Yahoo, Msn and Aol started using spf/rmx we could
   easily eliminate about a half million spam messages per day from
   traversing our mail forwarders.

<devils-advocate>
Yes, but that would only last for a month or two. Don't forget that the
spammers are quick to adapt to our solutions. We'll just be pushing them to
forge amazon.com, cnn.com, ebay.com until they realize it is a problem. And
then they'll forge momandpop.com. When that stops working, they'll move onto
other methods of getting their message out.
</devils-advocate>

I'm all for SPF. I just cringe when I hear statements about it eliminating spam.

Bryce