Re: Attacking the throwaway-domain problem

2003-10-14 21:51:57
In <20031015042735(_dot_)1475916FC7(_at_)jmason(_dot_)org>
jm(_at_)jmason(_dot_)org (Justin Mason) writes:

DNSBLs *do* work -- but with a very high rate of false positives.

Hmmm....  I guess that all depends on how you define "very high rate
of false positives".  I guess it also depends on how you handle false
positives.  With SpamAssassin (THANKYOU!), a false positive on a
single DNSBL rarely is enough to flag the email as spam.  When
Osirusoft decided to "list the world", no harm was done on several
systems that I have detailed knowledge of.

Anyway, I doubt that RHSBLs will have a substantially lower false
positive rate.  I think they will be very good indicators anyway.

-wayne