Re: Starting spfd (FreeBSD)

2003-12-16 09:49:35
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

Hiya,

I have installed spfd via the perl module, but my MTA wouldm't connect
to it because the socket has perms that doesn't allow my MTA to connect
to it.
Anyone has a startup script that makes the socket file accessible to all
the daemons that should connect to it? Especially for the *BSDs??

srwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  0 12 Dec 19:53 /tmp/spfd

What user/group does your mta run as?

why not start the spfd with su or some other program of your choice to get
it to run as a particular group/user. (probably not a good idea to run it as
root!).

--
[http://pointless.net/]                                   [0x2ECA0975]