Re: Current SPF accuracy figures from my mail spool

2003-12-17 11:52:25
--Justin Mason <jm(_at_)jmason(_dot_)org> wrote:

ah, hold on, it's that X-Sender fetchmail issue again.  The list software
adds the original envfrom before rewriting, then, as above, fetchmail uses
that instead of the more recent one :(

I think I'll have to fix SpamAssassin to not try to infer envelope-from
for SPF checking for any message that contains an X-Sender header.  argh.

Hmm, I wonder if you could go two-levels deep on this one. The Mail-From / Return-Path (added by list server) should be checked against the IP your server sees. But perhaps the X-sender could be checked against the other IPs in line.

However, it's probably easier and better to just install SpamAssassin and/or other SPF checker on the listserver itself.