Re: I'm just learning about SPF and I have a few questions

2003-12-24 07:22:17
On Tuesday, Dec 23rd 2003 at 20:09 -0500, quoth R. Scott Perry:

=>
=>>I don't think anyone believes SPF will have a dramatic effect within a
=>>year, but perhaps I am wrong.  What do others think about this?
=>
=>We've already seen spam coming from 7 domains with SPF records that
=>produced a FAIL for those spams.  Is that making a noticeable difference in
=>spam?  No.  But it is a very good start.  With enough commonly forged
=>domains joining in, it could make a noticeable difference pretty quickly.
=>
=>But, with "best guess" and forced SPF records (as in you can add your own
=>SPF records for domains that do not have SPF records yet, that will only be
=>used on your servers), I think it could make a noticeable impact in much
=>less than a year.
=>                                        -Scott

So, is there a place where I can go to report the fact that I have set my
record up? (which I will do this weekend).

steveo at syslang.net