SPF-pass in the Received-SPF line

2004-01-08 13:19:20
From: Rob Kaper <cap(_at_)capsi(_dot_)com>
Don't use Bayesian filters to scan for certain keywords in headers. They
won't work that way, they look at entire messages.

Well, that depends on exactly how the lexing works.  In the case of bogofilter:

 the word "foo" in the body gets lexed as the word "foo",
 the word "foo" in the subject gets lexed as "subj:foo",
 the word "foo" in a received line gets lexed as "rcvd:foo", and
 the word "foo" somewhere else in the header gets lexed as "head:foo".

So maybe the right fix is for the word "foo" in a Received-SPF field
in the header to get lexed as "spf:foo" or something like that.  I
should be changing bogofilter, not sendmail-milter-spf-1.1.pl.

Bogofilter is only useless if you use it for things it wasn't designed for.
For example, I find it to be a useless web server.

Made me laugh.  Thanks.
--
Tim Freeman
tim(_at_)fungible(_dot_)com