Re: SPF @ AOL --- record may flicker

2004-01-08 23:21:43
In <20040109053253(_dot_)GE18595(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> Meng Weng
Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

summary: don't be surprised if AOL turns off the record over the weekend
or even the next week while they collate data.  This is why it's
important that they hear from us "look, with just a few MTAs running SPF
we caught BIGNUM spams" so please report what numbers you can get
tomorrow.

I have seen no mention of AOL publishing SPF records on NANAE, SPAM-L,
slashdot, or the spamcop newsgroups.  I think this is a good thing.
We need need to get the kinks worked out a little better before the
next round of publicity.

On that note, if you know of other forwarders that should be
whitelisted, please let me know.

I'm looking into adding the sourceforge forwarders now....

If anyone has seen Bad Things happening due to SPF, please let other
early adopters know!

-wayne