Re: Re: Question about extending SPF

2004-01-12 13:37:23
Za'mbori, Zolta'n wrote:

I just thinking about publishing subaddress separator symbol.

Maybe "... -all sep:-" can express that the domain uses subaddressing so the source of the emails from 'local-ext1(_at_)domain' and 'local-ext2(_at_)domain' is the same and the source can be described as 'local(_at_)domain'. (Which is not necessary a valid email address.)

"all" is logically the last mechanism. Only modifiers should logically go after it.

"sep" as you describe it is a non-standard mechanism (and it should be a modifier, not a mechanism) which modifies the meaning of the entire rest of the spf record. I consider this unwise, as it will almost globally be ignored.

In fact it appears to me that the same task can already be acheived using macro expansion. If you want to specify "The part of localpart before the first -", use %{l1-}

        Wechsler